Hey there! Thanks for checking out the CityBeat OKC Podcast. I was born and raised here, and have witnessed the AMAZING transformation in OKC over the past 20 years. While the rest of the country may still think we’re just a cowtown in a flyover state, we know better. Our emerging art and music scenes, delicious food, and developing livability for all people should all be celebrated, and that’s what this show is all about.
A little about me…
I joke that my epitaph will someday be “Here lies Chris. He could never make up his mind.” I prefer to think of it as just having lots of interests. So, here are some random facts to paint an entirely incomplete picture of your host for CityBeat OKC. If you’re curious about any of these, feel free to reach out.
- I’m a published writer and photographer.
- I originally trained as a musician, and spent a first career performing with and teaching college musicians.
- I STILL think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the best show TV has ever seen.
- I’m a licensed psychotherapist. How does that make you feel?
- A long time ago, I worked in Public Radio.
- I play a pretty mean clarinet.
- I’d like to lose 20 lbs, but so far I like cookies better… [sigh]…
- Boomer Sooner, baby!!!!!
And, I am both excited and humbled by the chance to bring you this podcast. I hope you’ll listen, engage, subscribe, and share. Thanks for checking it out!
Be well, stay safe, and PLEASE wear a mask!